On the trip from playgroup to the post office, I was practicing saying "Mum" with Ethan. Here's how it went:
Me: Ethan, say "Mum"!
Ethan: Da-da!
Me: No, "Mum"
Ethan: Da-da!
Me: "Mum"
Ethan: Co-cha!
Me: "Mum"
Ethan: Naa-na (His name for Beamer)
So, I gave up on that particular task. At the post office, he was mostly patient waiting in the long line of our decrepit postal office, and when he became antsy, I let him play with my keys. In the back of my head, I could hear a car alarm: "beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!". "Gee, that's annoying," I thought. Until I realized it was MY car and Ethan had set the alarm from the key fob. I promptly took that away after feverishly pushing ALL of the buttons to get the damn alarm to shut off.
He continues to tell me when he needs a diaper change "poop, poop" so we are going to buy a potty this weekend and let him give it a whirl. Now mind you, I am not trying to be one of those over-achiever mothers, but I figure, why delay it? I'll just let him test it out and see how it goes - no pressure, but my gosh, how exciting!