Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Interesting taste

Ethan has taken to eating cream cheese. On a plate. Gobs of cream cheese.

I noticed he was wiping the cream cheese off his bagel and that he wasn't eating the bagel. My new motto is "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" so I scooped a spoonful of cream cheese onto his tray and he happily ate it all up.

I noticed as I was getting dressed the other day, that Ethan was pointing to my middle area saying "pop-pop". Alarmed, I immediately threw on a bathrobe, vowing never to be naked in front of him again.

A few days later, after we got him out of our synagogue's baby-sitting room, he was crying and saying "pop-pop." Adam and I were bewildered, only to later discover, that one of the young girls had changed his diaper and put one on that was two sizes too small and it was digging into his stomach. A diaper change solved the problem immediately and he was back to his old self.

It hit me later. I read him a book in the bath and when we come to the part where the bubbles "pop", I poke him in the tummy and say "pop, pop, pop". He now calls his tummy or belly button his "pop-pop". HOW out of control cute is that!?????

1 comment:

AuntieDonna said...

That reminds me of the time I was a nanny to a 2-year-old. Once when he walked in on me while I was getting dressed, he took one good look at my chest and immediately started yelling, "Nurse! Nurse!" No, he wasn't requesting medical attention; he was demanding I give him lunch.