Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Frightening new past time

Ethan has taken to running over his stuffed animals with his push toy! It is frightening! WHERE did I go wrong as a mother!?

While he was taking a break from killing innocent stuffed animals today, he insisted on wearing a pair of my shoes. It was absolutely hysterical, seeing him shuffling around my closet in my India influence ballet flats. I gave him a purse to carry but apparently that was too girly, because he wasn't interested in the purse. And my camera battery was dead so I couldn't even get a picture!!!

I've been consumed by the news, hence no updates. Adam and I are doing what we can to help...not to be nice people, but because we can and because we can, we should. We donated money to the Red Cross, I donated blood, and we also donated supplies to several shelters. We're also considering being a host family for survivors. There are a lot of logisitics involved, but I am more concerned with the risks that present themselves so we shall see. It is a huge commitment, a risky commitment.

On the upside, I have scheduled an appointment for Ethan's first haircut! (It is getting long around the ears...a pet peeve of mine.) The place I am taking to him to specializes in children's haircuts and the kids sit in race cars! How cute is that!? Pictures will follow on Friday.

No comments: