Thursday, September 15, 2005

My little love bug

Ethan and mommy had a date tonight. And he was a FABULOUS date! He took me out for Mexican and barely spilled any rice on the floor, actually ATE foods OTHER than rice and smiled at all the other diners. Every waiter and waitress came up to him and patted him on the head and he made friends with the women at the table next us who informed me that he was "the most well-behaved baby" that they'd ever seen. And he really was!

After dinner, we had to get gas (I can buy gas again! And the price went down to $2.60 - amazing!) and blew kisses to me through the window while I was a the pump.

We got home and I told Ethan it was time for his bath. He ran over to the stairs and started the climb up all by himself! Every stair he climbed, he said "Up. Up. Up."

He is really starting to understand me a lot better. He can follow simple instructions such as "Put your cup on the table." or "Close your eyes." or "Be gentle to mommy."

We had a busy week (as usual). Monday we hit the park - two parks in fact. We hit one in the morning and one before dinner. He climbed up the stairs and got onto the slide all by himself! I was so sad! WHERE did my baby go???

Tuesday, Ethan accompanied me to the doctor -turns out I had a throat infection- and he charmed all the nurses, blowing them kisses and such. Even the doctor told me what a sweet baby he was. Wednesday, I was moron and drove to the wrong house for Ethan's playgroup so I made up for it by taking him to Chuck E Cheese (Adam even met us there and we all had lunch.)

Tomorrow we have music class. One of the songs is called "Put your finger in the air" - and you wave your finger all around. Ethan puts his finger in his EAR. He's quite an independent thinker.

No comments: