Friday, May 05, 2006

Strange...

I had created the post before this, but for some reason it didn't post.

Luckily, Ethan is doing better and better as we go to the gym. He still complains the whole way there, but once he's there, he's fine. Though he DOES make it a point to tell me that "Ethan's sad. Ethan cry. No like gym."

We're confined to the basement today - the house is being painted and keeping Ethan out of the painters' hair is quite a challenge. They are Mexican and so we have been telling Ethan to say "Hola!" when he sees them. He has now taken to calling the painters "holas". He says "Holas! Where are you???" and if he sees more than one of the men together he says "Two holas!".

Yesterday I had the luxury of sending Ethan to school, but still staying home so I could be here for the painters. I spent the day cleaning the garage and the basement (don't be jealous).

Since the house is in shambles and I've declared the kitchen unusable until the rest of the place is back in order, Adam, Ethan and I went to Moe's for dinner (for thenortherners, it is a southwest/Mexican restaurant). They are preparing for Cinqo de Mayo and have signs and decorations all around the dining area. As we are leaving, Ethan says "Bye, Cinqo de Mayo!" I was floored. Now, I know he obviously cannot read, but what in the world kind of coincidence is that!?

No comments: