Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Money musings

I've started a money jar for Ethan. Each time he does a chore he gets either a quarter, fifty cents or a dollar if he does a whole bunch. He has been having a nasty case of the "I wants" and this has really seemed to curb it so I'm quite pleased with myself!

But today, I changed the rules - now he has a few chores that he has to do each day and if he does them all, then he gets his money in a lump sum at the end of the day. At the end of the month, we'll count his money and he can use some of it to buy something he wants, some of it to save and some of it to donate to charity.

When I explained this to him he said "But I don't want to give it away! Daddy has money, he goes to the office to make money. We can just ask him to give HIS money away. He can just go to his office and get some."

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!! I explained that was not quite how it worked....

1 comment:

AuntieDonna said...

That's hilarious!

Auntie Donna